Video microstock is often viewed poorly by both buyers and sellers:
- 🕓 Sellers complain that they have to spend a lot of time preparing files and make little money.
- 💾 Buyers complain of limited content, already used elsewhere, already seen by end users, often expensive and restrictively licensed.
mediaCastpro seeks to overcome these limitations for both sellers and buyers.
mediaCastpro is a B2B marketplace where companies and professionals can sell and buy video footage on any topic.
This can be any type of footage, such as:
- 🎥 Generic stock videos (cities, aerial shots, animals, nature, etc.), which can be used in promotional videos, documentaries, as B-roll within larger productions, or other.
- 💥 Videos related to news or events (fairs, chronicle, etc.), usable in reports for TV stations, newspapers, blogs, etc., or in documentaries or other types of productions.
mediaCastpro is a marketplace and not an agency; uploaded content is not subject to approval. Each seller has a space in which they can choose to upload the video footage they prefer and then offer it for sale.
The platform is currently accessible from the European Union, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. It is planned to open to other countries around the world in the future.
Compared to existing microstock platforms, mediaCastpro differs in several ways:
- 💰 Prices and licenses are chosen by the sellers, so they can succeed in selling both unique videos at high prices and common videos at lower prices.
- 🎁 The platform takes only 25-30 percent on the transactions that take place, compared to 60-85 percent for most other platforms. If nothing is sold, nothing is paid.
- 👔 The marketplace is B2B not accessible to consumers, so this adds value to the videos for sale, which retain their own confidentiality until they are purchased and used by someone. Of course, it is also possible to upload videos that are already on other platforms, in which case confidentiality is lost.
- 📹 You can upload, sell and buy video footage as generated by the camera, even raw or composed of several clips. We are not just microstock. This makes it possible for sellers to invest less time in using the platform (because the videos do not have to be reworked) and for buyers to have more choice and the highest quality files. It is also possible to apply LUTs to previews of Log-profile footage in order to show correct colors to potential buyers.
- 🎬 Video footage can have content from a wide variety of documentable topics (cities, animals, nature, drone aerial views, etc.), including news and reporting. We are not an agency but a marketplace, so we do not submit uploaded content for approval: everyone is free to upload what they want on their own responsibility.
- 📺 There are advanced features such as private sale to certain buyers, exclusive sale at a premium price to a single buyer, multi-track audio management, or download/upload of files via FTP.
The seller uploading videos is required to choose one or more sales licenses for their content from the following:
- 📋 Standard license for editorial use: the video can be sold to multiple buyers, who can use it for editorial purposes.
- 📋 Standard license for commercial use: the video may be sold to multiple buyers, who may use it for commercial purposes.
- 📋 Exclusive license for editorial use: the video, which must be unpublished, may be sold to a single user who will then have exclusive rights, and may be used for editorial purposes.
- 📋 Exclusive license for commercial use: the video, which must be unpublished, can be sold to a single user who will then have exclusive rights, and can be used for commercial purposes.
Buyers can use purchased videos without limitations on audience size or distribution channel.
Thanks to all these features, designed specifically for an audience of audiovisual professionals, mediaCastpro, in contrast to microstock services, can also be easily used by TV broadcasters, news outlets, or video producers of various kinds, in order to source the raw video material needed for editing and production of reports or films of various kinds.
For more information, visit 🌏 www.mediacastpro.net.