Per leggere l’articolo in italiano clicca qui.
mediaCastpro is a B2B marketplace where companies and professionals can sell and buy video footage on any topic.
This can be either generic stock footage or footage related to news or events.
Video microstock is often viewed poorly by both buyers and sellers:
- 🕓 Sellers complain that they have to spend a lot of time preparing files (because they need to be cut and recoded) and make little money, also because agencies often sell videos through cheap monthly subscriptions.
- 🎬 Buyers complain that the videos for sale are short, already cut and recoded, already used elsewhere, or already seen by end users. In addition, videos are often purchasable only through monthly subscriptions and not individually, and licenses are restrictive and place heavy limits and attribution requirements.
mediaCastpro seeks to overcome these limitations for both sellers and buyers. In fact, it differs from existing microstock platforms in several ways:
- 💰 Prices are chosen by the sellers, and the platform takes only 25-30 percent on transactions that take place, as opposed to 60-85 percent on most other platforms. This means more profit for sellers and less expense for buyers. In addition, by being able to choose the prices, it is possible to sell high value videos at very high prices while also being able to sell generic videos with a lot of competition by charging lower prices.
- 👔 The marketplace is B2B not accessible to consumers, so this gives added value to the videos for sale, which maintain their own confidentiality until they are purchased and used by someone. Of course, it is also allowed to sell and buy videos that are already on other platforms, although this breaks confidentiality: it is sufficient to report it when uploading.
- 📋 Sellers can decide whether to sell their videos under a standard license (i.e., to multiple potential buyers who will be able to use the videos unrestrictedly but not resell them) or under an exclusive license (i.e., to a single buyer who acquires all rights to the videos).
- 🎥 Exclusive selling, in our B2B environment, is actually an alternative to making videos on commission. For example, a TV station, instead of asking one of its cameramen to travel to shoot footage of an event, might decide to purchase it on mediaCastpro.
- 📹 You can buy and sell video footage as generated by the camera, even unedited, voluminous and composed of several clips. We are not just microstock. This makes it possible for sellers to invest less time in using the platform (because the videos do not have to be reworked) and for buyers to have more choice and the highest quality files. It is also possible to apply LUTs to previews of Log-profile footage in order to show correct colors to potential buyers.
- 💥 Video footage can have content from a wide variety of documentable topics (cities, animals, nature, drone aerial views, etc.), including news and reporting.
- 🕑 Uploaded videos are immediately put up for sale. We are not an agency but a marketplace, so we do not submit uploaded content for approval: everyone is free to upload what they want on their own responsibility. This means that it is possible to sell and buy even very recent news videos, without having to wait the often long approval times of many agencies.
- 📺 There are advanced features such as private sale to certain buyers (see Priority service), multi-track audio management and download/upload of files via FTP.
- 🌏 Buyers can use the purchased content without limitations on audience size and distribution channel and attribution is not needed.
A summary table of characteristics follows:
If you have videos that meet the legal requirements to be sold, you can safely upload them to our platform – it costs you nothing. Once uploaded, they remain on the platform indefinitely (unless you decide to remove them), and they may continue to be sold and make you money even months or years later. If you have a significant amount of videos you want to upload, you can use our bulk upload system via FTP.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to support you. From our end, you will never receive automatic, delayed or cursory responses, because we know how frustrating it is to deal with platform giants behind which there is never a human being, and we don’t want to be like that.
We hope to hear from you or see you soon on mediaCastpro.